These healthy breakfast mug recipes are here to save the day when you’re having a hectic morning.
Check them out now!
Omelette in a Mug
1 teaspoon capsicum
1 tablespoon shredded cheese
1 teaspoon chopped onion
Olive oil or cooking spray
Salt and pepper
- Coat your mug with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add egg, salt and pepper to mug, and whisk with a fork.
- Add capsicum, shredded cheese and onion. Whisk all ingredients until completely mixed together.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for 45 to 60 seconds until eggs are fully cooked.
A powerhouse of ‘egg-cellent’ nutrients!
The American Heart Association (AHA) has given the green light for healthy adults to enjoy eggs in moderation, as they are rich in nutrients, such as:
- Protein for muscle and bone health
- Lutein and zeaxanthin that may reduce the risk of macular degeneration
- Choline for brain development
Heard of the paleo diet? Check out a healthy paleo treat which you can whip up in minutes on the next page.